Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lemon Meringue Pie...

I think I have the biggest sweet-tooth in town... at a buffet table, the first thing I would attack IS the dessert! I mean seriously, I think I'm more attracted to all these wonderful, colorful dessert (I can hear the angel sings now) than all those tempting main dish.

When I first step in Delicious Cafe ( a place with lot of yummy desserts and foods), I just can't help but to order the dessert first and i ordered a Lemon Meringue Pie... Of course, anything to do with meringue is to die for *drool*... or so I thought... jeng jeng jeng ( suspense music insert here)....

The famous Delicious Cafe's dessert
so let's see, the Base is quite interesting because (taking a wild guess) it's just the simple flour and butter and poppy seeds (if you can see those tiny dots at the base of the pie). This is the first pie that I tried with poppy seeds, usually they put it in muffins but it was good... the base was flaky with a good taste of poppy seeds.

Let us go to the Meringue ( that white with brownish thing on top), obviously from egg whites and sugar, whisk it until fluffy, easy as that! The brown on top is (wild guess again) made by torching it or in the oven until it's browned. The taste of the meringue is no doubt WONDERFUL and AMAZING!

and then we come to the lemon pie filling... I really don't know how to put it in kind words but I'm just gonna say it. it's just TOO SOUR!!! the sourness of the lemon over- powering everything else that I had tears in my eyes when I tried it.

Well, at least that's how it taste like is you try it layer by layer (no, please don't do it..it's not worth it). of course I took a spoon full of the whole pie and stuffed it in my mouth, and i thought that maybe with the sweetness of the meringue and the flaky base would cover the sourness of the filling... WRONG!!! When you first put it in your mouth, there's only the sour sensation, and then you'll try your best to munch and chow it down to see if you can taste the meringue and base, well, they're there but no such luck. the sourness is just too strong.

my shocking face!
NOT to say that this dish is bad... NOOOOO... not at all, what I'm trying to say is that I guess this dish is not MY cup of tea, everything else in the cafe is yummy, but for me I just can't take it if you put up a dish with a lot of flavor but you can't taste it all.

Try it yourself... maybe you'll love it more than I do. =)

Cheers
Shahila Johan =D

No comments:

Post a Comment