Sunday, September 18, 2011

Niku Udon. (recomended by: Callista Chuah)

 Alrighty! A few hours ago, my friend brought me to this Japanese restaurant in Jaya One, PJ after our rehearsal for dinner. At first I thought of bailing her off because I'm just too tired but I agreed anyway.

She brought a few of us to this restaurant called Marufuku (yes, if you say it really fast, it does sound like MOTHERF****R...hahhahaa~). This place is highly recommended with it's Udon noodles. Well, you know that usually Japanese food can be quite pricy right? NOT at this place, everything here is amazingly affordable, with NO tax. Seriously!

I randomly ask her to order me anything that's good on the menu and she ordered me this dish called 'Niku Udon'. of course, the Udon noodles are native Japanese noodles made of wheat flour. Udon are thicker than soba (another type of Japanese noodles) and can also be served either hot or cold and with various toppings. Niku means beef. So basically, she ordered me a beef noodle.


a ice bowl of Niku Udon from Marufuku
The waitress came with a big bowl of the noodles that we ordered and one look at it we can see that there's the (super-huge) udon noodles, spinach, sliced onions, tons of beef slice and spring onions in this clear soup.

I have to say, it tasted pretty amazing. the udon noodles itself tasted amazing because it was soaked in this delicious vegetable broth. The flavor was everywhere and you can never get enough of the broth (soup). 

The beef was soaked in teriyaki sauce, i can be sure of it (OMG! why am I so confident ni?) because it has that sweet and tangy feeling when you chew it. The beef and so nicely sliced that it's so tender... loved every bite of it.

What amazing about this dish is that everything is so well balance that you can finish the whole bowl in seconds (literally). 


SEE! the udon noodle is super-huge!
So if you wanna have some affordable yet tasty Japanese cuisine, I recommend this place. It's worth your money...

cheers
Shahila Johan =)

No comments:

Post a Comment